Dr Kate Andrewartha
Specialist Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Kate graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery in 2012 from the University of Adelaide, beginning her specialist training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in 2015. With a passion for obstetrics, providing care throughout a woman’s life to align with her changing health needs is what she finds most rewarding.
Having worked in almost every tertiary hospital in South Australia, with the majority of her training at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Kate has admitting rights for both obstetrics and gynaecology patients at Calvary North Adelaide, Ashford and the Women’s and Children’s Hospital.
Today, you’ll find Kate working as a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital, as well as honorary clinical lecturer at the University of Adelaide, which allows her to share her passion for women’s health with the emerging generation of medical students.
The continuity of care Kate is able to provide is beneficial for those with a low-risk pregnancy aiming for minimal intervention, for those who have complex obstetric requirements or for those with gynaecological issues.
Her special interests include:
- Management of complicated pregnancies
- Tailored obstetric care to birth preferences
- Early pregnancy complications including miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy
- Pelvic pain and laparoscopic management of endometriosis and ovarian cysts
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery including total laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Heavy bleeding, abnormal cervical screening tests and management of PCOS
When she is not busy working at Belong O&G or at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital, you will find her exploring the outdoors with her two active boys Leo and Eddie, husband Daniel and dog Poppy.